Manage Multiple Locations More Efficiently With a Master Account
Whether you operate multiple branches, a franchise system, or have plans to expand your education business in future, we make it really easy to manage multiple locations from a single Teachworks account.
There are currently two options to manage locations in Teachworks:
1. Locations within one Business
If you offer services at multiple locations and your teachers and students are not segregated by location, you can add locations to the Location list in your Teachworks account. You can read more about adding locations and sub-locations here:
2. Branches/Locations that Operate separately
If your education business has multiple locations that operate separately with separate managers, teachers, students and invoicing, we recommend creating a master account. This article will look at master accounts in some more detail.
A master account allows you to easily switch between the accounts for each of your locations with full admin rights. You can follow these steps to get started:
- Login to your existing admin account and go to the Account Settings page.
- Click the “Create Master Account” link in the sidebar
- Complete the form with the settings for your master account
- Once you’ve submitted the form, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address entered for the master account. Follow the prompts in the email to confirm the account.
- Log into the master account using the master account link in the confirmation email – you may want to bookmark it to easily find it in future
How to Use It
Once your master account has been confirmed, you’ll be able to login and view a list of the associated branch accounts.
To add a new account, click the “Add Branch” link at the top of the page and complete the form. The newly added branch will be visible in your Branch Accounts list. A confirmation email will be sent to the company email address specified for the branch and once confirmed, you will be able to switch to the account from your master account with full admin rights.
To speed up the process of adding more branches, you can save default Account Settings. To do this, go to the Settings tab, click the “Default Branch Settings” option and complete the form. When you add a new branch in future, account settings will be pre-filled.
Switching to Branch Accounts:
You can switch to any of the accounts associated with your master account by clicking the “switch” icon in the Branch Accounts list. A bar will appear below the navigation menu when you are viewing an account as the master administrator and it includes a button to switch back to the master account.
You can easily view Breakdown and Time Series reports for individual accounts or on a consolidated basis from your master account. To do this, click on the “Reports” tab and select the relevant report. On each report, you’ll see an “Account” filter.