The Ultimate Resource List for Educational Businesses
Below is a list of compiled resources that can help both new and established educational companies succeed. Whether you’re looking for advice on growing your business, payroll, or marketing – these resources will guide you in the right direction.
- Trello – collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards, making it easier to track your tasks.
- ClickUp – productivity platform for collaboration and project management for businesses of all sizes.
- Lessonspace – online teaching/classroom platform for live, 1-on-1’s, or within a group setting.
- Zoom – cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with others.
- Google Meet – create high-quality video meetings for free.
- Skype – platform for online calls, messaging, and online meetings.
- Zendesk – customer service software, connect with your customers via text, mobile, phone, email, social, live chat, etc.
- Intercom – conversational, messenger-based experience for customer service.
Marketing & Design
- Mailchimp – email marketing platform for small businesses to connect with their clients.
- Hubspot – CRM to help increase leads, sales, and streamline customer service.
- Freepik – graphic resources for creative projects, social media, and marketing strategies.
- Canva – graphic design platform used to create social media posts, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content.
SEO & Advertising
- Google AdWords – research your target audience and create advertisements for your business.
- Google My Business – create a business profile for your company on Google for better visibility.
- Google Search Console – helps to measure your sites search traffic and performance within Google.
- Google Analytics – track traffic to your site and understand how your website is performing.
- Moz – a resource tool for small business marketers to simplify the complicated worlds of search marketing and online paid advertising.
- Tweetdeck – social media dashboard app for the management of twitter accounts.
- Hootsuite – all-in-one social media scheduling, listening, and reporting tool helps you do more with your social presence.
- The Tutor Blog – a tutoring resource written by the founder of “The Tutor Pages”.
- Self-Employed Teacher – the complete guide to starting and growing a teaching or tutoring business.
- The Knowledge Roundtable – free tutoring marketplace to find both employees and customers.
- Indeed – helps you to source, screen, and hire teachers more efficiently.
- Monster – provides resources and aids in hiring the right people.
- Simplteam – a purpose-built platform that makes it easier, faster and more enjoyable for managers to build successful, engaged teams.
- Teachworks – helps growing tutoring & teaching companies efficiently manage students, teachers, scheduling, billing, payroll and more.
- Wix – create a website for your company through cloud-based web development.
- WordPress – both free and paid options for creating a website or a blog with many options for plug-ins.
- SquareSpace – build websites, online stores, domains, etc.
- Slack – makes team communication and collaboration easier by bringing it all into one place.
- Microsoft Teams – hub for team collaboration via chat, threaded conversations, and meetings.
Accounting & Payroll
- Quickbooks – accounting software that allows you to create invoices, track cash flow, and accept payments.
- TurboTax – tax preparation software to file taxes online.
Online Payment Systems
- Stripe – online payment processing for internet businesses.
- Paypal – online money transfers to send and receive money from customers.
Continued Learning and Growth
- Udemy – online learning and teaching marketplace for a wide range of subjects.
- Khan Academy – trusted tools that personalize learning for students and empower teachers.