Special Discount For Group Classes
Do you schedule a large number of group classes or lessons on a monthly basis? We’ve added a special discount for companies that schedule lessons with an average of more than 3 students per lesson. This helps to ensure fair and consistent pricing for all of our customers.
1. How the Discount is Applied
New Pricing Users
If you’re using our new pricing, no action is required. The special discount will be applied to your future invoices automatically. If you’ve signed up for Teachworks after July 17, 2017 you will already be on this pricing model. If you’re not sure, you can go to the Subscriptions page in your Teachworks account. If you can see a Starter, Growth and Premium plan to choose from, you’re on our new pricing.
Legacy Pricing Users
This discount is only available for companies on our new pricing, so if you’re currently on our legacy pricing you’ll need to switch to the new pricing first.
Before you switch, we recommend first comparing your current pricing plan to the new pricing plans to see which option would be the best for your business needs going forward. If you would like to switch, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll handle the rest.
2. How the discount is calculated
The method below is used to calculate your special discount for the month:
- First the average number of students per lesson is calculated
- Next, the percentage of this total that is above 3 is calculated
- The percentage is then applied to the lesson fee
Finally, a 50% discount is applied to this amount
If a company is on our Starter plan and they schedule 100 lessons per month, this would add up to a monthly fee of $40 ($15 + $0.25 x 100 student lessons).
However, if they average 10 students per lesson, they will get a discount of $8.75. This is calculated in the following way:
- The percentage of your average students per lesson that’s above 3 is calculated (so if you average 10 students per lesson, this would be 70%)
- The percentage from Step 1 is then applied to the lesson portion of the subscription fee: 70% of $25 = $17.50
- 50% discount on the amount from Step 2 is calculated and applied to your subscription fee (50% of $17.50 = $8.75)
3. Viewing a Discount Estimate
There are two ways to get an estimate of your savings. You can either use the plan calculator on our pricing page to get a rough estimate of what you would save in a typically month, or you can view it in your account.
- Add the number of students that you teach each month
- Add the number of lessons per student per month
- Add the average number of students included in these lessons
In Your Teachworks Account:
You can go to Account & Settings > Subscription to view your estimated discount for the month. This will appear in the “Next Bill Preview” section (Group Lesson Discount).
Learn more on our Knowledge Base: Discount for Group Classes/Lessons