Save Time And Impress Your Clients With User Accounts
Client accounts provide students and parents with all the information they need related to lessons, billing and other communication. With this information readily available, your office will receive less calls and emails which will free much needed time for other tasks.
In this article, we’ll look at Teachworks Student and Family accounts in a bit more detail.
The Benefits of Enabling Client Accounts In Teachworks
- Clients have 24/7 access to their lesson information and billing history. With this information at their fingertips, there will be less confusion and less questions.
- Clients can save their credit card details and pay their invoices online at any time with a few clicks. This convenience makes it more likely for them to pay on time (Stripe integration required).
- Clients can request lessons with their assigned tutors easily, thereby helping to increase revenue (Lesson Requests Add-on required)
- Clients can cancel their upcoming lessons without having to call or email the office. This ensures that lessons are cancelled as soon as possible and allows you to fill up the available spots (Customer Cancellation Add-on required).
Enabling Client Accounts in Teachworks
Teachworks supports a few different types of users including:
- Families: These are typically parents of young students. Families have access to lessons and billings for each of the students assigned to them. They will also have access to a few extra things depending on the add-ons and integrations you’ve enabled and your settings.
- Child Students: These are typically young children. They have access to lesson information.
- Independent Students: These are typically older students that are responsible for their own billing. They have access to billing, lessons, communication and a few extra things depending on your enabled add-ons, integrations and settings.
- Additional Contacts: These are users that are assigned to families and are typically parents and guardians. These accounts have access to all the same information as the family with the exception of billing information.
- Student Contacts: These are typically school teachers and counsellors that need access to information related to students. They have access to lesson information and notes.
While there are many types of users, the process for enabling user accounts is the same. You can follow the steps below to enable a user account:
- Navigate to the user’s profile and select “Edit”
- Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select the “Enable User Account” checkbox.
- Save the form
- The user will receive an email with a link that they can click to confirm the account and set a password
Free Guides For Your Clients
Looking for ways to make the onboarding process a little easier for your clients? We’ve created free user guides for students and families that you can download here: Speed Up Onboarding: Free User Guides for Your Clients
We understand that companies will have different add-ons and integrations enabled, so we’ve created a few different variations based on the most common configurations. Be sure to download the version that suits your specific needs.
Still searching for the perfect tutor management software fit for your tutoring business? Sign up for a free 3-week trial to try out client user accounts and our other time savers for your business.