Keep Track of User Activity with the Activity Logs Add-On
The Activity Logs Add-on is a great time-saver for larger companies with several administrators. It keeps track of all the actions taken by you and your employees such as adding lessons, deleting lessons, generating invoices and more.
In this article, we’ll look at the add-on in a bit more detail.
Why the Activity Logs Add-on is useful for your business
- It makes it quick and easy to investigate any disputes. For example, if a series of lessons have been deleted, you can easily see when it was deleted and who deleted it.
- It makes it easier to troubleshoot issues and provide necessary training. In some cases, an employee might update or delete records by accident without knowing the impact. The Activity Logs Add-on makes it possible to confirm the actions taken by the employee and you can use this information to provide additional training to make sure they don’t run into the same issue later on.
Enabling the Activity Logs Add-on
You can find the Activity Logs Add-on on the Integrations & Add-ons page in your Teachworks account.
The add-on is listed under the “Pro Add-ons” section with pricing listed next to it. While there is a cost involved, a free trial is included to give you sufficient time to try out the feature for your business.
Once enabled, you’ll be able to access your company’s activity logs right away. The logs will include records beginning 1 month prior to the date that you enable the add-on.
What You’ll See
Once enabled, you’ll have access to the Activity Logs page. This page displays a table with the following information:
- Time: This column displays the time at which the action took place and is displayed in your company’s time zone.
- Record ID: This column displays the record ID that was assigned in Teachworks.
- Record Type: This column shows the type of record such as “Lesson”, “Invoice” or “CustomFrom” (if you have Custom Forms enabled).
- Record Name: This column displays the name of the record. Using the examples above:
- Lessons: The lesson title is displayed
- Invoices: The invoice number is displayed
- Custom Forms: The name of the relevant form is displayed
- Updated By: This column displays the email address of the user that updated the record.
- Action: This column displays the action that was taken (for example “Create”, “Update”, “Delete”, “Enable”)
- Details: Clicking the View link for a specific record, will bring up a modal with the activity information.
For faster searching, the page also features the following filters:
- Start Date
- End Date
- User Email
- Record Name
- Record Type
What Gets Tracked?
The add-on tracks a range of different actions (such as create, enable, update, disable, delete, destroy) for almost all of the records in your Teachworks account with the following exceptions:
- User Logins
- Password Changes
Interested in using the Activity Logs Add-on for your business? Start here: Activity Logs Add-on