Package Balance Validation Add-On & Other New Updates!
We have added some exciting new features and enhancements to Teachworks recently! Below is everything you need to know.
1. Package Validation Add-on
The Package Validation Add-on allows you to prevent administrators and teachers from scheduling more lessons than a student has available in their package. There is also a “warn” option that will display a prominent validation error at the top of the page, but will still allow the lesson to be scheduled.
The feature is still in early access, so if you are interested in trying it out for your tutoring business, please send us a message.
2. Student Conflict Checker Add-on
We have added a Student Conflict Checker Add-on to our list of features. This new add-on extends the regular conflict checker (teacher and location conflicts) with the addition of student conflicts.
3. User Experience Updates
We’ve added a new “Info” tab to the navigation bar. You can click the “i” icon to easily access the following:
- Teachworks tutorials
- The knowledge base
- The changelog (all our latest updates and enhancements)
- The option to show or hide setup steps on the dashboard
We’ve moved the “Dashboard Settings” option to the Account & Settings tab.
Updates for Your Company
- We have removed the “Scroll Up” button when viewing Teachworks on small screens to prevent it from blocking pagination links.
- We’ve optimized the query for the “Uncompleted Lessons” widget in teacher accounts to improve load times.
- We’ve updated the terminology in the Service menu on the Add Lesson form for Package services to indicate that the available units are the “unscheduled” balance.
- We’ve updated the validation message on all profiles for the email address field to indicate that it is required if notifications or user accounts are enabled.
- We’ve updated the validation message on the profiles for the mobile phone field to indicate it’s required if the SMS reminders are enabled.
- We’ve added the ability to view lesson details for a specific student when viewing the lesson details through the “view” option by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- We’ve added a feature to the lesson notes that will remove any unsupported emojis automatically from the shared or internal lesson note fields before saving.
- We’ve added improvements to the Excel feature that allows us to speed up the download.
Updates For Your Clients
- We have added a green “Request a Lesson” button in the sidebar on the calendar page to make it easy for clients to request lessons (Lesson Requests Add-on is required).
- We have updated the text for the “Family” Info checkbox on the Website Booking Plugin to make it clearer for users.
- We have changed the “Show Open Lessons” setting from a select menu to a check box for better visibility.
- We have fixed an issue that was occurring with time slot duration being shown as open in certain situations if the time slot duration was set to 60 minutes or any duration longer than 60 minutes.
4. Teacher Invoice Updates
- We’ve added the ability to download the Teacher Invoices table to Excel. You can download the invoices by clicking the “Download Invoices” on the right side menu.
- We’ve added some missing merge tags to the Teacher Invoices Add-on. These merge tags were the Location and Service details merge tags for lesson line items.
- We’ve added merge tags that allow for customizable Lesson and Other Event details in the Teacher Invoices Add-on.
5. Invoice Updates
- We’ve added an option to the Invoice Settings section on the Account Settings page to allow you to make the “Invoice Reference” field visible to customers.
- We’ve added a new column for Invoice ID to the Payment Allocation and Invoice table Excel downloads.
6. Other Updates and enhancements
- We’ve added a Complete Lesson Trigger to our Zapier app! You can request us to migrate you to the new version of our Zapier app (1.1.6) to take advantage of the new trigger.
- We have updated the Results Tracking Add-On to display data points on the graph for result groups with a single section.
- We’ve fixed an issue with the “State” field not syncing to QuickBooks Online in the Customer Address fields. The “State” field will now be synced successfully.
- We’ve updated the Stripe Integration to only allow the administrator to remove a client’s default credit card if the “Manage & Charge Cards on Behalf of Clients” setting is enabled.
- We’ve fixed an issue that was allowing spaces to be added in master account subdomains.
- We have updated the Time Series report to now include the “Other Event Wages” measure
For a full list of features and enhancements, you can visit the Change Log (Information Icon > Changelog).