Find More Customers Online
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re already running a successful Education Business, finding more customers will always be a priority. The internet has transformed how people communicate and gather information, and if you’re not already utilizing this amazing tool to reach customers, it is time to get started.
Not sure where to start? Here are some of the main platforms to explore:
1. Create A Company Website
The benefits of having a company website are endless. Most potential customers will start their search for an Education Business online and if they can’t find you, you’re missing out on an opportunity to convert them into paying customers. Consider this:
- These days it’s all about convenience. Websites are available around the clock and are not bound by office hours or location. Potential customers can access your website from anywhere and view your services at their own leisure. Your website can provide them with loads of information that you simply can’t fit into a brochure or discuss over the phone.
- Websites help to build credible brands. Potential customers are more likely to believe what others say about you. Adding positive testimonials to your website will give potential customers the opportunity to experience your services through the eyes of others. Never underestimate the power of word-of-mouth.
- It is relatively cost-effective to set up a website. If you’re on a strict budget you can use tools like Wix or WordPress to make a visually appealing website in just a few easy steps.
2. Start A Blog
Adding a blog to your company website is a great strategy. By adding unique content regularly, you can improve your search engine rankings, get more students to sign up, and position yourself as an industry leader.
You might be thinking that you don’t have the writing skills to pull it off, but you already have a wealth of knowledge to share. Who knows more about your subject than you do? Simply write down what you know, include some keywords for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes and you’re all set.
When it comes to good content, balance is key. Be careful not to focus on self promotion only, instead try to include topics that will add value to the lives of your readers. If you’re stuck for content ideas, put yourself in the shoes of your students.
- What would they like to read about?
- What are some of the frequently asked questions you get from students/parents?
- How can your services help them reach their goals?
- What are some tips and tricks that you know about that can help them excel academically?
3. Sign Up For Google My Business
If your business has a physical address, it is definitely worth the effort to sign up for Google My Business. This free Google service provides a summary of your business information (such as trading hours and contact numbers), reviews and pictures. People searching for you in Google Search or Google Maps can easily find more information about your business and contact you with minimal effort. It is vital to ensure that your details are always up to date as you don’t want to miss out on potential leads.
4. Be More Social
You don’t have to register everywhere, but try to focus on the leading social media platforms. It is very likely that you will find potential customers on Facebook for example, as the platform boasts over 1.86 billion active users. Setting up a company page and running targeted ads will allow you to reach potential customers with ease.
If you have never managed a Facebook page before, it might seem a bit daunting at first, but Facebook really goes the extra mile to make sure that the experience is as user-friendly as possible. Facebook Business is filled with tips, tricks, insights and other resources that you can use to improve your business page.
5. Utilize Free Classifieds
Websites like Craigslist or Kijiji are fantastic for reaching students in close proximity to you. To find a popular online classifieds website in your area, simply Google it. These websites allow people to search for services in a particular area. If you opt for this method, it’s important to ensure that your ad attracts attention. Remember to:
- Include a description of the classes you offer
- Indicate your target market (for example elementary school students)
- An idea of the costs involved as well as the duration of the lessons
- Add valid contact information to make sure interested students can contact you
6. Explore Tutoring Directories
Tutoring directories are similar to online classifieds, but with one fundamental difference – it is directly targeted to tutees. A quick Google search will help you find the top tutoring directories in your area. Remember to be vigilant when signing up for anything online. If a website requires upfront payment, try to find reviews or more information about it.
7. Knowledge Roundtable
A great platform that you might want to consider is Knowledge Roundtable. This tutoring market place offers free advertising for your tutoring business. With over 10 000 students visiting this site every month, it’s definitely worth the effort to register for an account and allow students in your area to find you.
Image Designed by Freepik