Save Time With A Tutor Management System
A good tutor management system can help you save a lot of time when it comes to scheduling, invoicing and other administrative duties. Teachworks offers a range of features designed specifically to help you save time so that you can focus on what really matters – growing your business. Here are some of our favourite time savers.
The Teachworks dashboard (depending on your settings) is the first thing you see when you login to your tutor management system. The dashboard is fully customizable, making it possible to arrange widgets in an order that works well for your business needs. It is definitely worth the effort to spend some time on optimizing your dashboard. You can hide the information that’s not relevant to you and rearrange the widgets to ensure that the most important information always displays at the top of the page. This allows you to work more efficiently, thereby saving valuable time.
2. The calendar
You will likely spend a large portion of your day on the calendar page, scheduling lessons, updating lessons and completing lessons. Each calendar in Teachworks has unique time saving features that you might not be aware of. Streamline the scheduling process by utilizing these hacks:
The main calendar
- If you’ve accidentally scheduled a lesson for the wrong day, or someone phoned in with last minute changes, you can easily change the time slot by clicking on the lesson and dragging it to the appropriate time slot.
- If you would like to add a new lesson, you can click on any day in the calendar and the system will ask you if you would like to add a lesson.
The teacher calendar
- If you would like to change the teacher assigned to a lesson, simply go to the teacher calendar, find the lesson and drag it to the new teacher.
- The teacher calendar makes it easy for you to see teacher unavailabilities (these are highlighted in grey), thereby allowing you to work faster when scheduling lessons.
The location calendar
- If you would like to update the location of a lesson, you can do so in the location calendar by dragging the lesson to the new location.
- You can easily add lessons on this calendar view as well.
3. Lesson Notes
If you would like to add notes about students in Teachworks that are not related specific lessons, you can enable the Note & Communication Logs add-on. This add-on allows you to add notes directly to student profiles. Quickly see all profile notes for all students by clicking on “Profile Notes” in the sidebar when you’re looking at the student list.
These notes can be exported to Excel and data can be grouped and organized.
4. Follow up
Another great time saver is the follow-up add-on. This add-on allows you to add a follow up date and note to student and family records. Avoid the hassle of managing multiple spreadsheets and save time by accessing follow up information directly in Teachworks.
Gathering lesson data can be tedious and time consuming, but in Teachworks you can easily find the information you’re looking for by generating a report. You can save your settings when generating a Lesson Summaries Report, to speed up the process even more.
The invoice autopilot add-on allows you to automate invoicing, giving you the opportunity to spend more time on other things that need your attention. The invoice autopilot is made up of two steps – general settings and invoice settings. The former allows you to choose when you want your invoices to be generated, how often you want them to be sent and for how long you want them to be sent to your customers. The latter allows you to build an invoice and select all the customers that you would like to add to the invoice schedule.
If you have a complicated pricing structure and your customers pay different rates, you can segment them into groups and create an invoice autopilot for each group.
We’re always trying to improve our tutor management system to enable our customers to work more efficiently. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the Teachworks experience, please let us know on our Feature Suggestions forum.